Technical Support Engineer
Location: San Francisco
The Canto Technical Support Engineer will provide first level support and collaborate with second level support teams to reproduce and fix technical issues found in Cumulus, our leading Digital Asset Management System.
Provide support to customers on Canto’s software products.
- Provide first level support to end users. Provide such support over the helpdesk system, phone or email.
- The candidate will be responsible to work with second level support as well as Professional Services to reproduce and fix customer issues.
- Help our Professional Services team to troubleshoot technical product issues in current ongoing customer projects.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Identify opportunities for professional services engagements to maximize customer success.
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and troubleshooting of customer systems.
- Working hours 6 a.m. to 3 p.m. Pacific.
Identify, research and resolve technical problems encountered by customers
Reproduce reported errors on Canto’s test systems
- Act as a liaison between Customers and Product Management to drive product development as well as issue escalation
- Contribute to and use knowledge repository of deployment best practices and other customer ideas which can continually enhance Canto’s products and repeatability of service delivery
Minimum Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree in information technology and/or 3-5 years of software support or a related field.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving qualities
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
- Customer-focused attitude, with strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Deep knowledge of…
- Operating System Administration (primarily Win, Linux)
- Web Applications, Protocols
- Monitoring/Performance Profiling
- Familiarity with Java based technologies
- Knowledge in Apache Tomcat
- Knowledge in a scripting language (shell/perl) and or a programming language
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Web development knowledge or skills