At Canto, we understand that implementing a digital asset management (DAM) system can be viewed as a daunting task. Making significant adjustments to your previous processes or replacing a legacy system – that seems disruptive. But the benefits of DAM typically outweigh the challenges. The organizational prowess and collaborative capacity of a DAM solution to streamline your branded library is simply undeniable; and that’s just a morsel of what DAM can accomplish.
Here listed are 14 benefits that DAM can help you with.
How can you benefit from implementing a DAM?
1) Increase efficiency by locating the exact digital asset you’re looking for quickly using an optimized search system, as powered by keyword metadata.
2) Have a central repository for all your digital files to call home that is completely scalable with expandable storage size
3) Metadata, or data that provides information about other data internally, enables you to locate files with specificity and precision.
4) All without leaving DAM, you can manage edits, make annotation and submit approvals for your content
5) Smart tags (powered by AWS) will simplify your workflow by populating accurate and relevant tags automatically, based on details in your images.
6) Enable a truly collaborative environment with Portals, which allow you to share your media library with whomever you specify, according to your guideline permission.
7) Migrating your digital assets from other storage applications like Dropbox and Google Drive is not a problem with built-in integrations to make the process as effortless as possible.
8) Digital rights can be put into action to make sure that you are in compliance with copyright information and licensing terms. You can also keep track of precisely who is accessing your digital files, images, and videos.
9) Place watermarks on images or work in progress files to ensure they aren’t used without permission before they are approved for distribution or paid for.
10) Embed copyright or contact information into every image or file so external parties can contact the right person prior to use.
11) Content creation and distribution can now be streamlined with built-in tools meant to automate your workflow.
12) Control when press kits, photos and critical documents are distributed and viewed by setting embargo dates on your files.
13) Integration with other enterprise software, like WordPress, Slack, or Adobe Indesign allows versatility and accessibility for one seamless DAM design.
14) Save time while on the go – use mobile and tablet functionality to approve, edit and distribute digital files, all while away from your desk.
To help you get started, download our free ebook here: Getting Started with DAM.