Digital asset management (DAM) technology has helped a number of industries and organizations since its inception. From manufacturing, education, healthcare, beauty/cosmetics to the music industry they have all benefited from implementing a digital asset management system.
Digital asset management helps to smooth processes for product management, cpg, marketing tasks, creative workflows and many other digital routines with an extensive digital asset organization.
Here is how your organization can benefit from implementing a DAM
1. Have a central location for all your digital files that securely manages your treasured pieces of work.
2. Increase efficiency by locating the exact file you’re looking for instantly.
3. Keep track of your files’ history – reuse your digital files and videos to maximize your asset.
4. Place watermarks on images or work-in-progress files to ensure they aren’t used before they are completed or paid for.
5. Embed copyright or contact information into every image or file so external parties can contact the right person prior to use.
6. Automate workflows; streamline content creation and distribution processes with built-in tools.
7. Control when press kits, photos and critical documents are distributed and viewed by setting embargo dates on your files.
8. Increase efficiency by integrating a digital asset management system with other enterprise software. Pull files directly from a DAM while in Adobe Indesign, your CMS and more!
9. Be informed on the usage and viewing of your digital files. Implement digital rights to know exactly who is using the digital files, images and videos.
10. Save time while on the go – use mobile and tablet functionality to approve, edit and distribute digital files while away from your desk.
11. Find files fast based off of specific metadata captured in the file; such as magazine issue, photo shoot, product brochure and more.
12. Keep files securely maintained in the DAM while collaborating with internal and external teams.
13. Manage edits, make annotations and submit approvals without leaving your digital asset management system.
14. Decrease production delays and costs by assigning tasks to internal and external teams.
To help you get started, download our free ebook here: Getting Started with DAM.