On-Premise Digital Asset Management Systems Become Cloud-Enabled via Amazon Web Services with the Media Delivery Cloud in Cumulus 10.2
September 8, 2016 – San Francisco, CA. — Canto, a leading provider of digital asset management (DAM) solutions, today announced that Cumulus 10.2 will be unveiled at Henry Stewart DAM Chicago and DMEXCO in Cologne, Germany with new features designed specifically for improved management and delivery of enterprise media assets and enhanced user experience.
A new Media Delivery Cloud, available in the new release, offers a more efficient delivery system for media assets while ensuring that photos, videos and product images are all sourced centrally from Cumulus. Canto will provide live demonstrations of Cumulus 10.2 and the Media Delivery Cloud at two events in September:
- Henry Stewart DAM Chicago, held at the Intercontinental Hotel, on Thursday, September 15 in booth #2
- DMEXCO, in Cologne, Germany, on September 14 and15, in Hall 6, Booth #C021.
The new AWS-based Media Delivery Cloud caches assets into Amazon’s CloudFront CDN. Images can be managed centrally in the DAM and delivered directly from the CDN to a variety of platforms including ecommerce, Web Content Management (WCM), ERP, Product Information Systems and more. The solution speeds global delivery of images and requires less bandwidth from enterprise IT infrastructures.
“Our customer-centric approach to product development is clearly reflected in Cumulus 10.2,” said Thomas Schleu, CTO, Canto. “With our brand new method of asset delivery, built on AWS, creating a ‘single source of truth’ so that all assets are sourced centrally from the DAM becomes easier for our customers to implement. Digital assets no longer need to be duplicated across multiple systems, thus reducing the risk of using outdated content and streamlining storage costs. We believe our customers will find Cumulus 10.2 will save them time and resources while providing a seamless asset delivery experience.”
Other new features available in Cumulus 10.2 include:
- New features within Cumulus Portals allow users to create asset collections and easily add or delete assets from the collection. In addition, users can send out links for convenient third-party viewing of their collections, making use of password protection and link expiration features, if desired.
- For Adobe InDesign users, Cumulus 10.2 adds the capability to apply metadata templates to files and check files into Cumulus in seconds without leaving InDesign.
- New DAM print templates simplify collaboration across teams through the creation of PDFs and thumbnails of project graphics, photos and brand elements. Templates can then be printed or shared with project collaborators.
For more information on Cumulus 10.2 there will be a webinar and live demo on Tuesday, November 1, 2016. To register for the webinar, please go to https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5419282084234467074?source=Sep+8+Press+Release
You may also learn more about the topic of on-premise DAM in Canto’s free ebook, published September 2016: Why Enterprises Still Select On Premise Digital Asset Management; 6 Reasons Top Brands Choose In-House DAM Deployments and How to Know if You Should Too.
Canto is committed to innovation, with a focus on delivering digital asset management (DAM) software and services that solve customers’ ongoing brand asset challenges and help to promote brand awareness. Founded in 1990, Canto is an industry pioneer and leader with more than 2,400 customers worldwide. Canto’s offerings include its flagship enterprise DAM technology, Cumulus, which allows customers to efficiently secure, repurpose and distribute brand assets, and its SaaS solution Flight to facilitate basic digital asset management and collaboration for teams. Supported by a global partner network, Canto is based in San Francisco (USA), Berlin and Giessen (Germany). For more information, visit Canto.com.