Enterprise digital asset management is a powerful software technology for large, often multi-national, companies to organize and repurpose important visual content across regions, teams and geographies. Enterprise DAM helps organizations share resources at scale; and should integrate seamlessly with other enterprise software solutions such as content management systems, product information systems, ERP, eCommerce, document management systems and any environment that needs to communicate with the corporation’s digital media library. Enterprise DAM may be installed on-premise or deployed fully in the cloud.
What features are important to consider when evaluating enterprise DAM?
As with any digital asset management system, the way you plan to use your DAM system will largely determine the features you need, and the system you select. Here are some key features to consider when looking for DAM software
Do I need an on premise or a cloud solution?
You should take your time to consider this. On-premise DAM is very attractive for those wanting to keep everything within their corporate IT. Cloud DAM is a very clean choice because the costs are fully transparent and it requires little to no IT resources.
Or maybe your company is actually looking for a hybrid approach, which combines the best of both worlds. Take a look at Canto’s white paper, Understanding Deployment Options: On Premise, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud, if you are not sure which scenario best fits your requirements.
Why do organizations choose Canto for their enterprise digital asset management system?
There are many reasons why large enterprises, brands and global companies continue to select Canto for enterprise DAM. Here are a few of those reasons:
- Modern and clean UI, including mobile-responsive design – without sacrificing sophisticated metadata handling functionality on the back end.
- Powerful search lets users find what they need fast.
- Cumulus is highly configurable, without the need for custom code, thus allowing customers to meet DAM scenarios ranging from simple to sophisticated.
- To keep content secure, Cumulus allows for granular permissions can be set at the category, user, group, or individual asset level. Search and filtering is incredibly powerful and wicked-fast, thus saving precious time every single day.
- Cumulus offers deployment flexibility – it can be deployed on-premise, or as a service in the Canto Cloud, or as a hybrid cloud alternative with its Microsoft Azure and Amazon S3 integrations.
- Flight lets you get up and running immediately, with no time delays waiting for IT or large project funding.
- Cumulus has a very robust API, called the Canto Integration Platform, that lets you connect Cumulus and perform any functions you need natively from 3rd party applications.
- Flight has a powerful REST API to easily extend to work with the apps and software your team already knows and loves.
- Our DAM software provides you with tools to analyze content usage to understand which assets are key to your brand with visual reporting.