In the blink of an eye, yet another year has passed us by. What a year 2017 was for Flight by Canto! In this year, we have accomplished more and aspired higher, as reflected in our six new product releases and the many milestones we’ve achieved.
As Flight continues to grow and expand its global reach serving customers’ digital asset management (DAM) needs, we would like to take a moment to remember some of the key steps that helped us reach this point.
Let us take a look back at 2017.
We are always improving our product and its relationship to our customers. That’s why we have worked tirelessly to innovate our technology and bring six new product releases in 2017. Among the most significant are:
- Mobile Accessibility (LHR, Feb 2017) – Directly on your mobile device, you can access Flight remotely to upload and share files, and view your branded library responsively on an elegant interface displayed on any web browser.
- Expanded Amazon S3 Regions (Mar 2017) – Assets in Flight can be stored at Amazon S3 locations around the world. Choosing a closer region for your team means faster upload and download speeds. Location options include: North Virginia, Oregon, Northern California, Ireland, Tokyo, Sydney, and Singapore.
- AI Powered Smart Tags (CDG, Apr 2017) – Powered by AWS Rekognition, relevant tags are automatically populated based on details detected in an image.
- Drag & Drop Chrome Extension (BCN, Jun 2017) – The Drag & Drop tool reduces clicks and speeds up workflows by allowing users to move content from Flight onto any application that supports the functionality by simply dragging and dropping.
- Flight Express for Mac OS (FCO, Sep 2017) – Flight Express allows you to bulk upload files into Flight and sync personal collections from a new Mac OS desktop application.
- Branded Portals (SYD, Nov 2017) – Portals can be more customized than ever to fit your company’s brand and visually simplify the end user experience.
San Francisco DAM Summit (May 2017)
Canto hosted the DAM Summit Americas in beautiful San Francisco. We truly enjoyed connecting with some of our customers and industry leaders. The conference provided an A-list line up of keynote presentations, case studies, and customer narratives of their experience with DAM.
Take a look at our recap of the DAM Summit 2017!
We participated in biztechSF’s Live Pitch Competition this year and what an exhilarating experience it was! We were seeking to garner greater exposure for our Flight brand at first, but received so much more.
Certainly, we were able to connect with a number of marketing teams through biztechSF, and many who are now actively subscribed to our product. But even more so, to pitch against other promising startups was invigorating and reaffirming.
We look forward to cooperating with biztechSF and other pitch competitions again in 2018!
And We Continue to Grow!
2017 marked a critical milestone – we’re now at over 300 customers! We’ve welcomed customers like Godiva Chocolatier, Danner, Bonnaroo Music Festival, and Kodakit, among many others into the embrace of the Flight Family. You can read about a few of them in our ebook. We’re sure that they too will see their brand libraries transformed with our DAM system.
Flight was also named a ‘Leader’ on the independent review site G2 Crowd! We use G2 Crowd to get accurate and authentic use cases to enhance out product, so to have been given this distinction is a tremendous honor!
Moving forward, we make the covenant to continue setting goals and standards for ourselves bigger and higher still.
As 2018 rolls in, we are staying committed to excellence. On behalf of everyone at Canto, we would like to express our gratitude to all of our customers and partners.
We truly appreciate your patronage and for making the year a successful one.
Thank you and we wish you a happy holiday season!