How DAM improves the digital customer experience
February 23, 2023|
In today’s digital world, providing an exceptional customer experience is essential to the success of any business. Customers expect seamless digital experiences tailored to their individual needs and preferences. Companies must invest in digital customer experience (DCX or digital CX) technology to meet that demand. DCX helps streamline the digital customer journey and increases engagement and loyalty by creating more cohesive omnichannel customer interactions.
With a strong DCX strategy, organizations can increase brand awareness while delivering an enhanced user experience across all digital channels. It’s a win-win situation for businesses and their customers, which is why 55% of content and creative teams have identified improving customer experience as their top strategic priority in 2023. Software tools like digital asset management (DAM) platforms can help your business maximize the value of your assets to create an unmatched digital brand experience for your customers.
What is digital customer experience?
Digital customer experience (DCX) is an integrated digital approach to customer engagement, allowing organizations to deliver a personalized, unified digital experience across multiple digital channels. Through DCX, companies can improve customer loyalty and satisfaction by delivering relevant content promptly.
A successful DCX often involves the strategic integration of digital marketing tools and customer relationship management (CRM) platforms. By leveraging these solutions to create a cohesive and accessible digital experience, brands can provide customers with a personalized journey from the initial contact through purchase completion. With the right tool, a digital customer experience is entirely customizable to any customer’s needs and expectations – leading to improved brand loyalty and satisfaction, even in the most challenging times.
Digital experience vs. customer experience
Digital customer experience combines two essential concepts that marketing teams have long understood as critical to building a successful brand story that keeps customers engaged: digital experience (DX) and customer experience (CX). The two are very similar but refer to different aspects of the overall customer journey.
- Digital experience (DX): Encompasses digital platforms such as websites, mobile applications, digital content, search engine optimization (SEO), email marketing, and social media campaigns.
- Customer experience (CX): Includes all aspects of product design and delivery, customer service, and sales interactions that create an overall impression on customers.
While digital experience management focuses on improving how a company interacts with its customers digitally, CX concentrates on providing an exceptional end-to-end experience throughout the entire customer journey. An excellent digital customer experience strategy combines these two approaches to deliver seamless customer service across all digital channels.
How does good digital CX make your brand stand out?
Digitizing customer experiences is key for brands wanting to stand out in today’s interconnected landscape because it allows customers to interact easily with a brand across digital channels. Customers that encounter a seamless digital experience are more likely to become loyal and engaged with the brand. They can also engage with the company at their convenience and in ways tailored to their individual needs and preferences, making them more likely to keep coming back over time.
Additionally, customers see a brand with a good DCX as an innovative, forward-thinking leader in its industry. High-quality brands can better anticipate customer needs and optimize the digital journey for maximum satisfaction. This can increase engagement, boost sales, and generate higher customer satisfaction ratings.
Five steps to creating an engaging digital customer experience
The digital landscape is constantly changing, so brands must stay ahead of the curve regarding digital customer experience. Investing in a marketing tech stack and digital marketing content can help create an efficient and effective digital CX that sets the brand apart from its competition. With the right digital strategies in place, brands can make a digital customer journey that is both engaging and satisfying. Here are five ways to get started on the DCX journey for your brand:
- Establish digital customer goals and objectives: Define what digital experiences you want to offer customers, how you want them to interact with your brand and the outcomes you hope to achieve.
- Analyze digital customer data: Use digital analytics tools to analyze customer data collected from digital channels to gain actionable insights into digital customer behavior.
- Develop digital marketing strategies: Create digital strategies that align with your digital customer goals and objectives. Utilize digital technologies and marketing tools such as SEO, email campaigns, and social media platforms to reach customers and build relationships with them.
- Invest in a digital marketing tech stack: Evaluate your brand’s digital marketing tools and technologies, then invest in upgrading or replacing outdated digital marketing technologies with more advanced ones (like digital asset management tools).
- Optimize digital customer journeys: Monitor digital interactions between customers and the company to identify where to make improvements to optimize digital customer experiences.
Create a better digital CX with digital asset management (DAM)
Creating an effective DCX is a critical element of any digital marketing strategy. By delivering content through an integrated digital approach, brands can create a customer journey that builds loyalty and drives engagement. Providing consistent, seamless customer service across all digital channels helps build brand trust, essential for fostering long-term relationships with your brand.
Digital asset management (DAM) helps marketing teams organize digital assets and streamline content workflows. It allows brands to manage assets like images, videos, and branded materials across multiple media channels, ensuring that customers have an optimal digital experience no matter how they engage with the brand. By using DAM solutions that create a single source of truth for content, marketing teams can collaborate, share, review, and repurpose assets quickly and efficiently to build a consistent digital experience that maximizes customer satisfaction and loyalty over time.
The 2023 edition of Canto’s “State of Digital Content” study found that a DAM platform can deliver several significant benefits to a creative content team, including:
- Teams with “very efficient” content and creative workflows are 5x more likely to see a significant increase in content ROI than those with inefficient workflows.
- 50% of teams identify search capabilities as the most significant advantage of using a DAM solution.
- Teams with DAM platforms are 3x more capable of gaining insights from content to inform strategic decisions.
- Teams using DAM platforms are twice as likely to be highly satisfied with their digital content management strategy than those using other tools.
- Teams with efficient workflows can double the content output of teams with inefficient workflows.
How Canto enhances your DCX strategy
Canto’s digital asset management solution empowers marketing teams focused on digitizing customer experience journeys by providing various content tools that strengthen collaboration and boost efficiency. With powerful search and organizational features, marketers can work more efficiently and eliminate confusion over which assets are current and approved for use. Brand guidelines can be stored alongside digital content for a convenient reference, making it easy to maintain brand consistency and quickly access brand-approved colors, fonts, and iconography.
Centralizing assets within Canto also streamlines access management, eliminating the need for teams to issue multiple authorizations for several content platforms. Making it easier for collaborators to get up to speed quickly and begin creating or sharing content as part of your digital customer experience strategy. Even better, Canto offers out-of-the-box integrations with the industry’s leading creative tools, social media channels, and business management software. Whether you’re leveraging assets for email outreach, social media engagement, or content creation, Canto serves as the hub of your tech ecosystem that connects every corner of the digital supply chain.