Digital Asset Management
Digital asset management (DAM) is a system that stores, shares and organizes digital assets in a central location. It amplifies the benefits of creative files such as images, videos and other media. Ultimately, DAM is a company’s content sharing and storage solution.
What Is a Digital Asset?
Digital Assets are files like videos, music, photos, documents and other media. If these digital files contain the rights to use them, they are considered an asset. Digital assets grow exponentially as digital content creation and sharing increases.
The Reality of Storage for Marketing Teams
- +50%of marketing teams have scattered storage
- +10kdifferent files are lost on team systems
- +7kimportant files are unorganized within companies
Why Is DAM Important?
DAM liberates teams and keeps branding materials relevant by centrally storing large amounts of digital content. It increases the security, organization and searchability of digital assets. A DAM system expands content storage while upholding brand standards. Most importantly, it empowers employees by letting them focus on what really matters.
Top Benefits of DAM Software
- Organizes digital assets in a central location
- Automates workflows and enhances team creativity
- Locates media files quickly using sophisticated search capabilities
- Manages press kits and picture collections
- Automates watermarking for images
- Manages permissions through extensive copyright functionality
- Tags images automatically and uses facial recognition
Digital Asset Management Examples
Below are three examples of Canto DAM in action. The following use-cases exemplify the way DAM systems help enterprises.
Canto DAM internalizes centralization for increased in-house efficiency. This process involves creating a consolidated area for all digital assets to be stored. This way, separate departments have access to the same branded files and can send/retrieve assets to/from the DAM.
External distribution lets companies share branded assets with external parties such as freelancers and other outside contractors. This upholds brand consistency through uniform brand material use from all potential involved parties. For example, DAM helps organizations reduce asset-request time by making media requests self-serving.
DAM helps companies, like agencies, store retrieved digital assets from clients until they’re ready to hand them off to an outside source, such as the media. Canto DAM automates the entire process, saving time and space.